Monday, August 13, 2007

I have a new song


Immaculate Mother to you do we plead
To ask God our Father for help in our needs
Ave, Ave, Ave Maria
Ave, Ave, Ave Maria
We pray for our country, the land of our birth
We pray for our nation, that peace be on earth
Ave, Ave, Ave Maria
Ave, Ave, Ave Maria

Every Wednesday night I would always see my Mom at our sala kneeling before the sacred picture of Mama Mary and Papa Jesus. I know she's praying but I wonder why is she sometimes singing and read something from a small booklet.

One Wednesday night I asked her if she's going to pray and sing again a little later, then she said yes and asked me if I like to pray with her. Then I heard her sing the Ave Maria song (which I heard from a procession before). I just sit quietly beside her and when she was done praying and singing I asked her if she can teach me the Ave Maria song.

After three days, I already memorized it.. My mom was so amazed that I actually was able to remember the exact words of the song.

Tomorrow is Wednesday, and tomorrow night I will pray with my Mom again and will be the one to lead the Ave Maria song..

No comments: